While I wait - Lincoln Brewster www.youtube.com/watch?v=FODGdZoTkyE
"I live by faith, and not by sight.
Sometimes miracles take time"
"So while I wait, I will worship
Lord, I'll worship Your name
Though I don't have all the answers
Still I trust You all the same"
We are now two weeks removed from Election Day, and we are still waiting for election results on races throughout the country. Take solace, though, in the things we DO KNOW:
1. God is in control. We know that God appoints princes and kings and that He is at work in America. Now is the time for patience and prayer.
2. There was no national blue wave. Although the process is still unfolding in the Presidential race, we can be thankful that so many of the projections from the Left did not come true.
3. Conservatives gained seats in the U.S. House of Representatives - not just conservatives in name, but conservatives who will lead the fight for outcomes on issues like the right to life.
4. Despite the Left spending millions to affect redistricting - not one state legislature was lost! This outcome is critical in shaping the nation for the next decade -- and for generations to come.
5. The voters have awakened. Incredible voter turnout took place on both sides of the aisle, and a record number of people -- almost 3.5 million voters -- went to the polls armed with iVoterGuide.
6. Just by using and sharing iVoterGuide, we made a huge impact.
The preliminary results of the 7,582 candidates in 3,067 races nationwide show that the voters were thrilled to use the 30,000 research hours iVoterGuide put into the 2020 elections. We made the difference in 150 elections -- not just affected the outcome, but provided the winning margin for conservatives -- in the following:
7. We're using our money much more wisely than the Left. iVoterGuide's election cycle budget of $1.5 million heavily influenced 150 races with 3.5 million voters for about 42 cents/voter with each voter impacting 4-20 races on their ballot. . . and that is just where we exceeded the winning margin!
All the above is just the big “drop in the pond” without any of the “ripple” effect our voters have on other races. Those of you who use iVoterGuide don't use us for just one race, but generally check out candidates up and down your ballot. The ripple is exponential.
In short, even though we don't yet know the end of the story in many cases -- and are even prayerfully waiting as the election process continues in the Presidential race -- we have reason to be thankful.
I know that as I wait, pray, and trust in God, I am reminded that Paul urges us in Thessalonians to not only "pray without ceasing" but also to "give thanks in everything."
If you're like me, maybe you needed a reminder today of everything we have to give thanks for -- and the difference we’ve already made.
SOURCE: iVoterGuide family
Heavenly Father, You are so good. You do not leave us to struggle alone with the thoughts that sometimes overwhelm us. Even when we are waiting for a long time! All through Your Word, You remind us that our strength is found in You. My faith may falter and feel weak, but I am, oh, so thankful that Jesus doesn’t measure me by the strength of my faith, but by its honesty. You are my Lord, and I submit to Your will. Settle my heart and mind today by Your Word and Your love, to the honor of Your glory, Amen.
Several states are in the process of recounting, reviewing and/or verifying their vote counts. Contested states have until December 8 to finalize their results. Legal challenges may keep some states from officially certifying their election results. State voting results can project the president-elect, but the legal determination is set when the Electoral College cast their votes for their respective state*. We will continue to provide daily encouragement, verses, and prayers, as you to pray alongside fellow believers each day.
December 8, 2020:Deadline for certified results in contested states.
December 14, 2020:State electors cast their final votes for President of the United States of America* and the Pray the Vote 2020 prayer initiate comes to a close.
December 23, 2020:Deadline for certified of electoral votes to be received by the president of the U.S. Senate.
January 3, 2021**:Swearing in of 117th United States Congress. B.O.L.D. (Beside Our Leaders Daily) 2021 prayer initiative begins.
January 6, 2021:Joint sessions of Congress formally count Electoral College votes and declare election results.
January 20, 2021:Presidential and vice-presidential inauguration.
January 21, 2021:100 Days of Prayer initiative over the President of the United States and his administration begins.*In the event of a tie in Electoral College votes or if one or more states cannot certify their results to reach a total of 270 or more votes for one candidate, the House of Representatives is tasked with choosing the president and the Senate is tasked with choosing the vice-president.
**Dates that fall on a Saturday or Sunday are subject to change per legislative appointment.
Lifting our elections up to the Lord helps all of us keep the focus on the most important topics as well as softens our hearts to love everyone, even those with whom we may disagree. Believing differently shouldn't stop us from sharing God's love and His Word with others.