The Lord never forsakes us. What an awesome promise. We must hold on to it with both hands and never forget.
Heavenly Father, it must grieve You that as a nation we have taken for granted the freedoms and the liberties that so many have fought and died for over the past centuries. As a people, we have trodden underfoot the grace You have granted, profaning Your Name by our actions and attitudes. We are a nation in need of repentance and forgiveness. We are slow to learn. Help each one of us to have an understanding of our responsibilities to this great country, to one another, and to You, for we ask in the Name of Jesus, Amen
• Pray for a personal understanding of all that is involved in true liberty as granted through Jesus Christ.
• Pray for discernment when listening to politicians and media when they discuss our freedoms.
• Pray for our leaders as they wrestle with how to protect free speech, the right to assemble peaceably, and our religious liberty.
• Pray for Americans to turn to God in repentance and a return to the values and godly principles.
• Pray for America’s leaders in Congress, the courts, and the administration to seek to honor God first in their decisions.
• Pray for God’s hand of protection over the United States.
• For God to guide the president and administration officials in their efforts towards economic recovery.
•For all who are sick and especially for those who are afraid.
An epic tug-of-war is happening between righteousness and lawlessness.
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people. – Proverbs 14:34
Surprisingly, Johnny Cash did NOT originally author the phrase “walk the line!” Actually, the term originated in 18th century prison yards. Convicts were exercised by walking a circle drawn on the ground. Anyone straying from that line brought trouble to the whole group. Many see God in a similar fashion. An angry warden just waiting for someone to get out of line. But that is not the case.
Rightly, God sets the laws of the Universe and for mankind. He is the Creator. He has gone to great lengths to give every person an opportunity to enjoy a place of fellowship with Him and to rest in His Kingdom. Sin was birthed by one setting out to dethrone Him from that place of sovereign authority, hoping to claim both the reign and glory for himself.
The basic nature of sin has not changed. When one sets themselves in opposition to the Lord of all life and the universe, sin is the result. The consequence of sin is death of the spirit and destruction of the mind and body. There is great forgiveness for those struggling to keep God’s laws, but the one rejecting God Himself harbors sin and is in grave spiritual danger.
When sin engulfs a nation, God’s hand of fellowship is blocked by the people’s choice to reject Him. But when people seek to honor the Creator and observe His ways, even imperfectly, their nation enjoys His presence and His favor.
Today, hold the line for blessing in your community. Support candidates who support Godly values and that pray men and women of faith will be elected to lead America.
Leave a Reply.
Lifting our elections up to the Lord helps all of us keep the focus on the most important topics as well as softens our hearts to love everyone, even those with whom we may disagree. Believing differently shouldn't stop us from sharing God's love and His Word with others.